Wednesday, September 17, 2008

explosions in the sky




The song crawls inside of me. Or seeps inside of me. 
It comes out of the speakers and I can feel it dancing around me drifting and webbing its way through me down deep and underneath my hair. 
Wrapping itself like a vine around and around my bones all the way down to my finger tips and energy radiates from my fingerprints.
I should be able to float with all of this around me. 
I should be able to hover above everything as my body thins out and becomes transparent. 
It spreads itself wide as a cloud and white as one too, my hair grows longer and longer and drifts behind me dancing with the music notes, while playing some of their own.
I am my own conductor, I am my own symphony.
And slowly as the music softens and slows I drift back down to life, airily landing back in my seat, as light as a tissue thrown in the air softly floats back down for gravity cannot defy itself forever even within my own mind. 
My fingers fall back on these keys but still it radiates within me. 
Warming my joints ever so delicately I still feel it and again I drift back up starting with my hair it lifts up and as I tilt my head along with it the rest of me melts and rises for nothing is keeping me down here.
I am my own symphony.

0 notes:

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr