Monday, January 26, 2009

Governor denies any role in leak

1. When this whole thing started my mom and I made a deal that the ONLY way it won't go through is if my dad totally breaks and actually truly is sorry and changes. Neither of us thought that would happen, seriously, after seeing him one way my whole life I didn't exactly expect him to totally turn himself around. But he did, beyond recognition. He says he loves me when we say goodnight, he went to church and then came home and told my mom all about the sermon and what he learned and the notes he took and how he tried to find the pastor but he was busy. All of it, I knew it was possible, I remember telling my mom that that I knew the Lord was capable of it but I didn't think it was going to happen, and I remeber wondering if that meant I don't trust God, to not have faith that my dad would do a touch down turn around. But much more serious than a Hellogoodbye song. I just totally made this less serious than it is with that reference.
Aaanyways, I don't see us leaving him. Last night I asked my mom what the percentage of us staying was and she said 85%. I expected higher but she said she still doesn't trust him. On another note he still hasn't found a job, my mom still really wants to move to ugly ole Kansas, I'm rooting for Portland becuase the I won't have to go there by myself someday. That's not gonna happen.

2. I took over my sister's schoolwork. Bekah who's 12. All 3 of my sisters homeschool but the twins' school is on their computer and they don't really need help or one on one stuff. Just Bekah who is alot like me when I was still schooling, so I know her tricks to get out of stuff, get stuff crossed out etc. etc. etc. My mom's too easy on her, it drives me nuts the way she acts, that's one of the reasons I sometimes think I shouldn't have kids because I know if my child acted like her I wouldnt be half as good as my mom. But that's another can of worms or butterflies or moths or whatever.
So yeah, she does PACES so I started scheduling and crossing out unnecessary things becuase this curriculum is Christian so alot of it is wayyy over the top unrealistic Stepford children. She's already behind, I'm also making her read some of the books the twins and I read when we were younger and my mom ordered from Sonlight which is amaaazing because their History curriculum included a buttload of fiction books, historical fiction mostly, some really grand memories. I'm so glad we still have most of those books, they're really good. They're normal books too, not ones that they made, various prise winning books. Bekah doesn't like reading, she's the only one besides my dad and I just can't get over how she just doesn't enjoy it. It blows my mind.

3. I watched "Lars and the Real Girl" last night with Lindsey while everyone save my mom was at church. The twins have a very different taste in movies, books...everything as part of their autism and such so they have no interest in romantic comedies and such, pretty much any "normal" things 15 year olds like and do. But I told her it was funny and I thought she would like it becuase it's pretty clean and quirky and she did! She even cried, it's really cool for me when I can share something that we can both relate to because the twins and I are so different, most of our interests are quite different. Then Lauren and Bekah watched it tonight and Lauren cried and cried. It's so neat seeing them react to things like that, you could say "normal" things but really just things that are universal I suppose is the term. Maybe not quite.

3. When I was in Sparks (a Bible memory club thing part of AWANA for K-2nd grade) I used to tell my Sparkies that moths were boy butterflies. They believed me, I think I almost believe myself too. It makes total sense.

4. Because I always have a hard time thinking of a subject for entries on here and LJ I came up with the idea of just using an AOL headline for them. Because I really like having subjects even if that make no sense. And using parts of songs all the time is too corny for me.

0 notes:

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr