Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I'm not just out of shape. Ohhh no. I have the strength and durability of a two year old.
I felt so bad on the hike today up to Maunawili Falls, I thought I was going to pass out. I literally doubted my physically being able to finish the hike even though I did the exact same one years ago and I don't remember coming to the brink of death, plus my 8 year old cousin held up better than me.

I think I'm just....so out of shape I cannot handle those things cos it wasn't just being tired, it was my head spinning and my glasses getting foggy from the humidity/heat/who knows what and the nauseousness and the headache the the general side effects of working your body out.

I didn't die, though on the way back I did sway too far and almost fell off the cliff, then I fell in one of the stepping stone creek baby waterfall things and did this leg out lean bend thing in the water and rocks to keep from A. falling and B. getting my bag wet.
Then I fell again slipping on the mud on my bum all stretched out and got a cut. I think cuts are so cool when they bleed but they don't hurt TOO much so the pain outweighs the coolness of a tiny bit of open scarlet flesh. But it's gross if it's not on me I'm pretty sure.

That was me whining, and now Im going to be a big sissy girl and say that I am delicate and I can't do hikes like that unless I become really buff and I don't want to do that.
So deal with it, Chelsea's a little delicate pansy and I'm only mildly ashamed of that. As much as I wish I could do the outdoors things so boys won't think I'm the lamest thing since "America's Next Top Model" I cannot without becoming a buff version of myself.

Oh and the mosquitos. Darn things, not only did that get me but they got me more than anyone else but thankfully most of them have gone away. If they stay for a while they usually scar and then I get angry at the dumb scars on my pale skin.
Me on the way there "hey do we have any bug spray"
Dad "we don't need no stinkin' bug spray!"

Au contraire, let's not forget my delicate nature. I even told my dad after he saw me almost topple over the side of the trail that I just wan't his athletic daughter and I never will be so he will just have to accept that, not that he has given any indication that he hasn't accepted it. He has Bekah, and the twins on somethings.

Me? No. What's more is that I've had a headache alll day. Due to my strenuous activity and the toll it took only my petal self? Most likely.

BUT I DID JUMP OFF THE WATERFALL INTO THE WATER AND IT IS SO AWESOME AND I DONT THINK I GOT THE DISEASE IT SAYS YOU WILL GET IF YOU GET IN THAT WATER.

I told my cousin the disease made you grow gillls and fins and if you start getting them the doctor will have to shave them off and put a skin graft over it and that's how mermaids came to be in existence, from that disease.
And you'll start getting really thirsty all the time becuase I'm pretty sure one of those old Disney channel movies about mermaid people or teens turning into them or something had that side effect.
She believed me, then later I had to tell her I was lying. I've done that a few times since she's been here.
It's probably not good.
The first time I went on the hike was after I had just seen "Tuck Everlasting" in theatres 3 times and was like "OMGZZZ IT'S JUST LYKE THE MOOVIEEEE I'M GUNNA BE WINNIEEE."

I was so much more mature this time, I also compared it to scenes in Lost.

0 notes:

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr