Sunday, June 14, 2009

Just as I have been awakened to the fact that some of us are not called to be missionaries, all of us are. Just as I have been scouring the internet trying to find organizations to help and minister to orphans and children both here and abroad but finding a limited amount or ones costing $3,000+
We went to church this morning, got to talking to the couple in front of us and learned that they're missionaries involved with an organization, I forgot the name. The man leads a study at the Air Force Academy and just recently went to a city in Africa for spring break to witness.

They're coming over for dinner on Tuesday, promising to look at the website with me and share pictures.

To be honest I haven't really even prayed that much at all about wanting to go somewhere, but still He knew. Of course He did.
I really just want to hug little children and orphans and show them love. That's all, I just want to go somewhere and shower little children with the love that haven't felt or experienced much if at all.

Right now it's pouring rain against my windows, it's so pretty! I've decided to start opening my blinds every day and letting sunshine in, and opening the windows to let the breeze in when it's warm outside, like this summer!
I'm still cleaning out my room, struggling with trying to get rid of stuff. I'm a renowned packrat feeling emotional attachment to almost every single item big or small but I know, I know I have way way too many "worldly treasures." So I'm trying to get rid of them, or at least put them away. Like my tv and dvd player are both in my closet, along with 90% of my dvd/tvd collection and my cd's as well.

Happy one week anniversary of my rededicated life to my Lord. Technically it was wanting to break all through last Saturday, then Saturday evening breaking down completely, and going to sleep later on, waking up on Sunday a changed person.
So yes, one week.

Ack, I don't want to work at C.B. anymore, I talked to a manager on Friday and we were going to discuss things futher but it didn't happen, either I need to work much less or not work at all because it's just not fair for them to pay me the same amount to work 2 tables as they could pay someone else to work 6 tables.
It's just not logical, there are other ways I can serve people because I'm going to miss bringing a smile to all of my customers faces.

I have a ridiculous amount of cash and my bank account is almost empty. I really don't care.
I really wish I could easily give my excess stuff somewhere where it's needed, not just to Goodwill where hipsters can re-buy it.
Ever since I learned about the woman who started the Salvation Army I have a new respect for it, even though it does blend in with all the other thrift store chains in essence it's different, so I'll probably drop stuff there eventually.

0 notes:

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr