Thursday, June 11, 2009

I feel bad for being angry at the stupidity of so many teens today.
It's hilarious and enraging and sad all at the same time.

A relative I have is one of them. I know I should feel love for her and her friends but when they are like 14 with dark eyeliner and high flash self taken profile pictures, when they write blogs about religion and how stupid and expletive it is it's hard.
You think you're tough? That you're smart because you support Obama and he won the election, that you can take pictures in your bra and get photo comments.

Having many people agree with you is nothing if all those people are as wrong as you are. It's even worse.

Someday ever knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord.

..........

Last night at work some of the girls I'm "kind of" friends with, meaning I know their name and have talked to them more than 3 times. They were taking His name in vain, talking about prayer and making jokes about how if Jesus forgave their sins then it's ok to keep sinning right? And hahaha. No one was addressing me so I just stood there, at the time I thought about saying something but no one was addressing me, if they did then I would of course state my opinion.
But on the way home, I was thinking that that's an excuse we make. We sit back and let people go on and on stupidly, so while I was there waiting for my food to be up and they were giggling about praying "Lord help me not blankity blank that blank" and I'm silent and all that's going through my head is "One day every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord."

So next time, if there is one, I think I'm going to say something. I'm going to try and I pray that God gives me his words and courage and eloquence at that time.
Somewhere in the Bible it says something about how it's good if we're persecuted because that means we're doing something right, in the right context of course. They ridiculed Him so when they ridicule us we should be glad! For we are in fact shining Him and others are reacting the way He predicted.
Something like that.

1 notes:

Tiffany said...

yup! like in Acts 5:41

So they went on their way from the presence of the Council, rejoicing that they had been considered worthy to suffer shame for His name.

:) :) :)

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr