Friday, May 8, 2009

I go to Cracker Barrel, I ask for the manager. He gets paged and comes over, he is a large man. Tall and big, I felt supremely small. I smiled and gave him my application, asked if he was hiring etc. he said to come in on Monday to talk to some other managers and to take it from there.
So...a job interview? But he didn't even get a chance to look at my app.

It's so strange, in all social atomospheres I am awkward and shy. But when I'm in the "working mode" when dealing with customers and wanting to get a job I'm smiley chipper friendly Chelsea. But I can't do that in other social situations.
Otherwise I bet I'd have a tons of friends.

My voice gets higher too.

Ps. Cracker Barrel = C.B. equals my initials.

2 notes:

Unknown said...

haha. i'm the same way. and then i ask myself why the hell am i acting like this?
good luck!

Tiffany said...

grah i tried posting this on your facebook but it wouldn't work!

lookit! http://6.media.tumblr.com/lfvlkrIQjn9ig80aRHMt4gSro1_500.jpg

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr